Legendary Organics wants to wish everyone a happy and healthy Thanksgiving Holiday. We will be open from 9am – 3pm on Thanksgiving (11/24) with amazing deals. Come on in on Green Wednesday (11/23) and Black Friday (11/25) for more deals!
Our staff at Legendary Organics, Thousand Oaks, has put together our favorite recipes for you to infuse with cannabis this Thanksgiving, using products you can find at our store in Thousand Oaks, CA.
1. Black Bottom Cupcakes:
- 8 oz cream cheese cream sugar and cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 8 -oz pkg chocolate chips
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/3 cup Heavenly Sweets Cannabutter (from Legendary Organics)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
In a stand mixer mix cream together the sugar and cream cheese for the topping. Once mixed thoroughly add the egg and the chocolate chips after the egg is mixed in. Place the topping aside. Mix together dry ingredients for the bottom and then add water, melted cannabutter, and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Fill muffin tins about ⅔ full with the bottom batter and add a dollop of the topping to each muffin. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes for full sized cupcakes and 15 minutes for mini cupcakes.
2. Cannabis Infused Gravy:
Buy Kiva’s Turkey Gravy at Legendary Organics in Thousand Oaks.
- 1 packet of Kiva Infused Gravy Mix (From Legendary Organics)
- 1 cup of turkey stock
Kiva recommends just using a cup of water and cooking that with their gravy mix. Personally, I think it is much better if you use some good home-made turkey stock. Though any stock will do nicely to make a tasty gravy. Bring the stock to a boil, add the gravy mix, stir occasionally until thick, and then enjoy over mashed potatoes.
3. Canna-butter Mochi Muffins:
- 1/4 cup Heavenly Sweets Cannabutter, melted and cooled, plus more for greasing pans
- 2 cups (320 grams) mochiko sweet rice flour Koda Farms
- 1 cup (200 grams) organic dark brown sugar* light or dark brown sugar will work
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 13 ounce can full-fat coconut milk Sub evaporated milk, half to all
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon molasses optional, added for flavor or use Golden Syrup or honey
- 1½ tablespoons each black and toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
This is one of my favorite gluten free deserts. Everyone will love them so much they might eat them before your gluten intolerant friends even get to them.
First, preheat oven to 350°F and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Next, grease the sides and top of a 12-cup muffin tin well with soft butter or Cannabis Butter / Cannabutter. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweet rice flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted Cannabutter, coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, and molasses. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until completely combined. Then, divide the batter among the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup all the way to the top. Sprinkle the tops with black and white sesame seeds.
Bake 45-50 minutes until the top is brown and crispy and the muffin springs back when poked with a finger. Bake for less time. for muffins that are chewier and less cakey. Muffins are done when a skewer comes out relatively clean and the tops are brown. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Happy Thanksgiving from everyone at Legendary Organics Thousand Oaks!